Are You Worried About Losing Your Assets?

When a creditor fails to collect payments on a loan, it may file a lawsuit, or judgment, against you. This judgment can remain on your credit for 24 years, affecting all aspects of your life from renting or buying a home, to taking out more loans for school, to buying a car. A judgment may also give the creditor the ability to seize your non-exempt assets.

What should you do if you are sued? Filing bankruptcy can prevent a judgment and undue a judgment that is entered.

At the Statesville, North Carolina, law firm of Law Offices of Robert H. Gourley Jr., P.A., our bankruptcy lawyers have more than a decade of experience representing people dealing with judgments. To schedule a free face-to-face consultation about how we can help you avoid a major hit on your credit and keep your assets, contact us online or call us toll-free at 800-411-1188.

Types of judgments you may face include:

  • Involuntary liens on your house or income
  • Wage garnishment
  • Deficiency judgments
  • And others

Seizure of Assets

As part of a judgment, the sheriff acts a collections agent for the creditor. The sheriff may send you a letter requiring that you claim your exemptions to protect them from asset seizure. If you neglect to do this, or you do it incorrectly, the sheriff may take everything from your car to money in your bank accounts in order to pay your debts.

As our client, if we cannot prevent a judgment, we will help stop the seizure of your assets. By assisting you with filing Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, our attorneys protect your debtor rights and allow you to pay back outstanding debt ¾ whether through discharged debts, a repayment plan or by freeing up income to pay the creditors in cash. We know that you don't want to cheat creditors out of their money. We help give you the opportunity to make things right.

Contact Us Today

We are a debt relief agency proudly providing options to people with financial problems for more than 18 years. If a creditor filed a judgment against you, please contact us by phone or e-mail to discuss your options in a free consultation.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.